Google Search

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Speed up your torrent download

First go to Options>Preferences>Network

  1. Under ‘Port used for incomming connections’, enter any port number. It is best to use a port number above 10000. I use 45682.
  2. Randomize port each time utorrent starts: UNCHECKED. I leave this unchecked because I have a router. If you do not have a router or a firewall, and want extra security,check this option.
  3. Enable UPnP port mapping (Windows Xp or later only): UNCHECKED. I leave this unchecked because I have experienced it slowing down speeds. It is not needed if you manually port forward.
  4. Add utorrent to Windows Firewall exceptions (Windows XP SP2 or later only): UNCHECKED (do this only if you have windows firewall disabled)
  5. Global Maximum upload rate (kb/s): [0: unlimited]: 22 (for 256k connection)
  6. Protocol Encryption: ENABLED. I would recommend everyone to enable this. This can help increase speeds with many ISPs.
  7. Allow incoming Legacy Connections: CHECKED

No comments:

Post a Comment